Professional Chimney Sweep Services
The National Fire Protection Association’s standard for chimneys and fireplaces calls for homeowners to have their system inspected and swept each year in order to keep the system as safe as possible. Annual inspections and sweepings are an important part of maintaining your home, and can help ensure that your house is protected from the high heat of fire, and that your family is protected from the toxic gases that result from combustion. At Weststar Chimney Sweeps, we can make maintenance a breeze, and keep your system in top working order.
Our Chimney Sweeping Process Is Thorough And Detailed
When Weststar Chimney Sweeps’ technicians sweep your chimney, we’ll go through a step-by-step process that ensures that your entire system is properly cleaned, and that problems and potential hazards aren’t hiding.
This video from the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) runs through the chimney sweeping steps that Weststar Chimney Sweeps’ technicians follow, and shares some simple things that you might want to know before having your chimney swept.
During A Sweep, Weststar Technicians Will:
- lay dropcloths down around the work area to protect your home
- set up an array of tools and a specialized HEPA vacuum
- use special brushes to sweep the flue liner and smoke chamber
- scrub the smoke chamber, smoke shelf and damper with hand tools
- sweep the firebox
- remove and brush the firegrate
- remove any ash that’s in the firebox with a hand brush and a shovel
- inspect the liner and other accessible portions of the chimney for cracks, gaps and other potential hazards
- perform a final vacuuming and hand brushing
- prepare a written document that shows all the work performed, and all findings from the inspection
- talk with you about proper use and maintenance of your system
When we leave, you’ll have a clean chimney that offers the level of safety you expect and need.
Don’t Worry: A Mess Is Not In Your Future
Weststar technicians take great pains to make sure that soot, creosote and ash are contained and kept out of your living area. We use a state-of-the-art ROVAC HEPA filtered chimney vacuum system that contains the exhaust and soot inside the vacuum itself, so that no dust or debris escapes. We also thoroughly cover the work area and treat your home with as much care as we would our own.
Our Experience Is Our Calling Card
We are dedicated to continued education for our employees, so our CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified technicians study each year through the CSIA to keep up on changing industry standards and codes. Since our company’s establishment in 1999, we’ve made customer satisfaction our highest priority. That’s helped us earn the A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) that we’ve maintained since 2000, and develop relationships with thousands of happy customers. We want our customers to have confidence and peace of mind when they use their chimneys and dryer vents –which is why we conduct such thorough inspections and cleanings.
When you’re ready to schedule your annual chimney sweeping, call Weststar Chimney Sweeps at 619-338-8116, or make an appointment online!
We Accept Credit Cards
Great having my chimney cleaned. Glad I met you at the fair. Will definitely use your service again.